Welcome to my humble site....

Hajimemashite minna san....welcome to my site on my fave Japanese Pop Culture likes such as dramas, movies, magazine scans, promo events etc. Mainly concentrate on my faves...Risa Watanabe... Kyoko Saito... Yui Kobayashi....Nana Owada.... Nene Shida.... if you're a fan at all of any of them then you've come to the right place(!) but many others are featured here besides them. Do mainly quick reviews on things I've watched, try to make the reviews brief, quick to read through with not too many spoilers, just whether they're good or bad and why I thought so plus whether you may find them enjoyable. Many, many screenshots are included from everything I've watched plus any video trailers if they're available. Hope you find something that interests you, don't hesitate to comment, arigato gozaimasu!

Search This Blog

Friday, February 16, 2018

Kyoko Yoshine: Her intro post #1....



 You wouldn't think so but Friday has turned out to be the slowest day of the week for new happenings. Singles aren't released on the day nor are there many film premieres plus many other activities I post about. So it's ended up being the day I use for more of these intro posts along with doing recaps or other things I never get to.



 Sure most know Kyoko by now, I do but would like to get to know her better as I've only seen her in one drama up until now. That will be changing as I'll eventually get around to viewing her "Princess Jellyfish" drama which is currently airing. But it seems to me Kyoko's next series has the potential to be the best Japanese drama of the year. The show is "Innocent Days" which will be airing on WOWOW beginning in March, will have more info when there is some and so many of my fave actors/actresses are starring in it.


 But on to Kyoko who is an actress I've been meaning to post about for some time now. On February 28th she'll be turning 21 and though young has had the lead in many dramas so far including her current series. Even when she doesn't have the lead such as the above show her role always seem to be a major one.
 Unlike all of the recent intro posts I've done for others Kyoko hasn't attended a university but she looks like an intelligent gal to me. Besides her dramas she also will be starring in two films that will be released the second half of this year, on to four mag spreads for today. Kyoko does have a photobook but it's very conservative, she's someone who will never do a gravure spread and may prefer posting about women like her who don't do those kinds of pictorials. Small set to begin off with though she does have the cover of the January 30th issue of SPA!.




 Another cover for Kyoko which is from the December 28th edition of Tokyo Walker Plus.










 Think you can tell the popularity of actresses/Idols when the appear on many covers and here's yet another cover which is from the July 27th Tokyo Walker Plus.











 The cover streak is broken here for her final set which is from the June 27th Flash.






 "Princess Jellyfish" was a manga and 2014 film. This current series looks interesting and though I haven't started viewing it yet it will be one that I'll be watching soon. Kyoko has the lead role of Tsukimi in the drama, it's really an oddball story which are usually enjoyable watches plus I like most of the cast. The show began on January 15th, on the 11th there was an event for it at the Laforet Museum in Harajuku where they previewed the first episode and there's a short video of the event after the pics.


















1 comment: