Welcome to my humble site....

Hajimemashite minna san....welcome to my site on my fave Japanese Pop Culture likes such as dramas, movies, magazine scans, promo events etc. Mainly concentrate on my faves...Risa Watanabe... Kyoko Saito... Yui Kobayashi....Nana Owada.... Nene Shida.... if you're a fan at all of any of them then you've come to the right place(!) but many others are featured here besides them. Do mainly quick reviews on things I've watched, try to make the reviews brief, quick to read through with not too many spoilers, just whether they're good or bad and why I thought so plus whether you may find them enjoyable. Many, many screenshots are included from everything I've watched plus any video trailers if they're available. Hope you find something that interests you, don't hesitate to comment, arigato gozaimasu!

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Kim Ji-Yeon(Bona): Her intro post #1- '2017 KBS Drama Awards' show pics and video





 Kim Ji-Yeon seems to be a common name, there's another singer with the name who also goes by Kei and was born in 1995 just as this post's honoree was. Another woman that shares the name is an Olympic fencer born in 1988. So to make her recognition easier this Ji-Yon goes by the name of Bona and I'll be using that name in her posts.
 Had never heard of Bona up until a few days ago but when I saw these pics from the KBS Drama Awards show my heart went into maximum overdrive which hasn't happened in a long time. Bona is a member of the K-Pop group Cosmic Girls which also is known as WJSN. It's a mix of Korean and Chinese gals with four coming from China but unsure if the members now reside in Korea. Above is a PV for their "Happy" single that came out in 2017.



 More on them in future Bona posts but want to just talk about her today as my boiling blood still hasn't cooled off after seeing those first pics of her.


 A drama that I've been curious about is "Girls Generation 1979" which aired in September and October for eight episodes. It's set in the late seventies as the title suggests and though at first it appears to be a bit fluffy think it turned out to be quite a serious series. Bona has the lead role of Jung-Hee in the show and the more I talk about it the more I want to view it. Being only eight episodes is a big plus too so that just may be my next watch, there are now way too many on my -need-to-watch list and have to start watching them instead of talking about them.



 The show was a KBS drama and for her role Bona in the above drama was nominated for the Excellence Award for best actress. She was also up for the Best Newcomer Award which was also for her "Hit the Top" series but sadly failed to win either one of them. Least to me Bona easily won the award for most sweltering actress at the awards show and there were plenty of actresses who looked more than oki doki at it. Plenty of dazzling pics from the awards show which was held on December 31st and after them is a short video of her on the red carpet.


































5 comments:

  1. And now you'll get used to seeing the "I'd put my bona in Bona" jokes haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'd put my bona in Bona" is what's been going through my tiny brain non stop, sigh.... Have already started on the "Girls Generation 1979" drama and may have the to change the blog name to 'Bonazaki' or something along those lines. No Cosmic Girls tunes on either of your lists but the above PV is fairly good, have been getting more into Twice lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bona was also in "The Best Hit," but as in a supporting role, so probably not at the top of your list to watch haha. WJSN generally has good songs. Bona is only my third favorite member haha, as Cheng Xiao and Eunseo are my favorites.

      You should like Twice. Starting this year they'll be focusing more on Japanese promotions, so their songs will be to your liking. (Outside of Amuro Namie, I don't really like Jpop. I mainly listen to Jrock, m-flo, and other indie bands.)

      Delete
  3. Do have a Twice Japanese documentary video which is quite long so have only skimmed through it so far. Outside of a few groups the world of J-Pop isn't what it once was, the market these days is oversaturated with Idols. That could be a big reason why my tastes have been turning towards Korean entertainment lately, the dramas especially are so much better.
    I'm also more of a rock fan but most of the bands that I'm a big fan of have broken up. They include Judy and Mary, Number Girl, Stereopony and a few others, Bugy Craxone is a current band which is quite good. Speaking of Namie sure you've heard about her 'retirement', her latest album was the only million seller in Japan last year and sales are actually not too far away from two million.

    ReplyDelete