Welcome to my humble site....

Hajimemashite minna san....welcome to my site on my fave Japanese Pop Culture likes such as dramas, movies, magazine scans, promo events etc. Mainly concentrate on my faves...Risa Watanabe... Kyoko Saito... Yui Kobayashi....Nana Owada.... Nene Shida.... if you're a fan at all of any of them then you've come to the right place(!) but many others are featured here besides them. Do mainly quick reviews on things I've watched, try to make the reviews brief, quick to read through with not too many spoilers, just whether they're good or bad and why I thought so plus whether you may find them enjoyable. Many, many screenshots are included from everything I've watched plus any video trailers if they're available. Hope you find something that interests you, don't hesitate to comment, arigato gozaimasu!

Search This Blog

Thursday, November 16, 2017

"Cheerfu11y" movie screening pics and video



 May sound like an odd post and guess it is. Mainly it's to prepare you for the next post which is a review of the 2011 film "Cheerfu11y". That is how it's spelled, the 11 has to do with how many members were on a cheerleading team. The film is about that activity and it's one of those Japanese underdog films which they've become famous for.
 Above are two pics of Yuu, she'll make my top ten again this year as she's someone I can never leave off a list as to me she's almost too perfect to begin describing. There haven't been too many posts for her this year so thought I'd better have a few to reintroduce you to her. She does have a new single coming out in January, will get back to her 'singles series' posts soon.


 She had the lead role as Kanna in the film, thought it was an okay movie but will admit that I've seen hundreds that are better. It's an older film too as it was released on October 22, 2011 and this event took place ten days before the premiere. There was a special screening for the film at Shibuya-AX and all of the cast knew that place well.
 That's because all of the eleven girls who were cheerleaders in the film were also Idols from J-Pop groups, that club used to be popular for concerts. Small post as mentioned as I just wanted to have a lead in for the film's review. Pics here are from that special screening, harder to get pics from so many years ago but luckily there's still a video of the event which you can view at the bottom.






















No comments:

Post a Comment