Welcome to my humble site....

Hajimemashite minna san....welcome to my site on my fave Japanese Pop Culture likes such as dramas, movies, magazine scans, promo events etc. Mainly concentrate on my faves...Risa Watanabe... Kyoko Saito... Yui Kobayashi....Nana Owada.... Nene Shida.... if you're a fan at all of any of them then you've come to the right place(!) but many others are featured here besides them. Do mainly quick reviews on things I've watched, try to make the reviews brief, quick to read through with not too many spoilers, just whether they're good or bad and why I thought so plus whether you may find them enjoyable. Many, many screenshots are included from everything I've watched plus any video trailers if they're available. Hope you find something that interests you, don't hesitate to comment, arigato gozaimasu!

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Park Min-young: A little of this and that for 2015 #1

 Last Summer to change things up a bit was doing some posts on Korean actresses and was reviewing the "Princess Prosecutor" drama and then after a few weeks of doing posts like them I just suddenly stopped and haven't done any posts in that genre since. Did finish that drama which was fairly good and today just started the first season of "Iris" which appears as though it's also going to be a good watch, actually I'm expecting this series to be better. Then I started thinking it'd be a good idea to start posting about Korean actresses again and give this place a bit of a jolt, remember last year Anti Kpop-Fangirl also thought it was a good idea to have changes like that so here's the first of many more posts in this genre though I admit there's really only about ten of them that I actually follow. But don't worry as if you come here for J-Idols and actresses they'll still be getting the same amount of posts but it's good to have a change as sometimes I even get tired of posting about the same people now and again even though I may really, really like them.
 Did do a few posts about Park last year, it was right after I watched her "City Hunter" drama which was really excellent though there were no posts about the show here. That's actually the only show I've watched with her in it but at 20 episodes it was like watching two Japanese dramas, any thoughts on what her next best drama is?
 Though I only watched that one drama there's been no denying her beauty, seems like most Korean woman get so much more attractive the older they get. Was just thinking that the Korean entertainment industry is so much more different than the Japanese industry, most females seem to be at the height of their popularity when they're aged 18-22 and then slowly fade away or their popularity rapidly decreases. The opposite though happens with Koreans, seem the older they get the more popular they get and also to me so much more attractive, teens except for some in K-Pop groups aren't all that popular.
 Didn't plan on writing all of that but those thoughts just started flowing out and couldn't stop them. But it is true Korean actresses look so much better the older they get and Park is no exception, hard to believe she just turned 29 back in March and she truly looks better than ever. For 2015 post #1 on her just have a few recent things such as some promo events and some catalog pics as I just wanted to break the ice on getting back to posting about her and others. First set of pics is from a promo event for Leaders which is a Korean cosmetics company and the event took place on April 22nd.









 Park recently cut her hair but it doesn't matter as she still looks beyond stunning to me, these pics are from Compagna's '2015 Spring Look Book', there's even more pics so may be back soon to post them.








 More catalog pics and these are of Park from the Duani 2015 Spring/Summer collection.









 Will make this the last set of pics for now as I don't want to use too many of them up yet. What I've noticed is that there aren't nearly as many Korean magazines compared to Japan so there's usually very few mag spreads to post but yet actresses from Korea seem to appear in so many more catalogs. And the final Park set is from Isenberg's 2015 Spring/Summer catalog.








1 comment:

  1. I have felt the same way about Korean actresses. I'm 24 and almost all of my favorite actresses are 8-10 years older than me. I became a fan of most of them when these actresses were in their late 20s.

    As for Park Min Young's dramas, check out Healer and Sungkyunkwan Scandal.

    ReplyDelete